Daniel J Farrugia MD PhD is an expert in Breast Surgery and Medical Director of the Breast Surgery Program at Centegra Health System. He is the only fellowship-trained Breast Surgeon in the northwest suburbs of Chicago, including McHenry County and the surrounding four counties. He is also board-certified by the American Board of Surgery in General Surgery.
- Premenopausal breast cancer
- High-risk breast disease and inherited breast cancer
- Breast conservation surgery
- Radioactive seed localization of breast tumors
- Nipple-sparing mastectomy
Breast Cancer Research
Dr. Farrugia has published in the world’s leading scientific journals including Nature and Cancer Research. Dr. Farrugia’s breast cancer research has been cited over a thousand times in medical literature. He has also presented his research at several international medical conferences.
Notable awards for his work in breast cancer include:
- Conquer Cancer Foundation Merit Award (awarded by American Society of Clinical Oncology)
- U.S. Department of Defense Breast Cancer Research Program Fellowship Award
- American Association for Cancer Research Travel Scholarship Award